house fires

September 17, 2021 | Margaret Attridge

Late Night House Fire Caused by Unattended Candle

An unattended candle caused a house fire late Thursday night in Silver Spring. The house was located on the 400 block of Hannes Street in Northwood Forest/Kemp Mill. No injuries were reported. According to a tweet from MCFRS Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer, a forgotten candle ignited linen shelving covers and other combustible materials in the […]

Read more

August 3, 2021 | Gracie Tanner

House Fire Displaces Two Adults in Aspen Hill

Monday, two adults were displaced after a house fire on the 14200 block of Burning Bush Lane. The home is located off of Rippling Brook Drive near the Strathmore at Bel Pre Road. No injuries occurred.

Read more

June 28, 2021 | Deirdre Byrne

Fire Causes More than $1.5 Million in Damages to Bethesda House

A fire at a Bethesda house—located off Bradley Boulevard on Kittery Lane and Redwood Avenue—caused more than $1.5 million in damages, according to Pete Piringer, spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services. Piringer tweeted that the fire started around 4:20 a.m. on Monday. More than 50 firefighters arrived on the scene to battle the heavy […]

Read more

June 15, 2021 | Deirdre Byrne

Damascus House Fire Causes $800,000 in Damages, Displaces Family

A house in Damascus caught fire on Monday evening after it was likely struck by lightning, causing about $800,000 in damages to the home and neighboring homes. According to Pete Piringer, spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services, the family that lives in the home—cosisting of two adults and three children—have been displaced but […]

Read more

April 10, 2021 | Halle Grossett

Lightning Strikes Cause Two House Fires on Same Block in Potomac

Montgomery County firefighters rushed to put out a fire in the 8500 block of Rapley Preserve Circle in Potomac Friday evening. The neighborhood endured severe weather conditions Friday night bringing both thunder and lightning to the area. MCFRS were called to the neighborhood to extinguish a residential fire at 8527 Rapley Preserve Circle. Shortly after […]

Read more

February 5, 2017 | Mitti Hicks

Multiple Fires Displace Several Residents in Rockville and Glenmont

Four residents were displaced following a house fire on the 2800 block of Urbana Drive in Glemont Saturday evening. Firefighters with the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue believe the fire started in a second floor bedroom where a window air conditioning unit caught fire. The air conditioning unit dropped to the ground and caused the siding […]

Read more

January 11, 2017 | Sonya Burke

Fire Safety: Dispose of Fireplace Ashes Safely (VIDEO)

It’s already been a busy year for firefighters when it comes to house fires. “We can almost predict this every season,” said Pete Piringer, a spokesperson for the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service. “When we have cold weather people are using their fireplaces and heating systems. Heating is the number one cause of fire.” […]

Read more

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter