
Hoggle to Appear in Court Thursday
Catherine Hoggle, accused of abducting her two children and refusing to say where they are, is expected in court Thursday as a judge is scheduled to hear a motion from her attorney to dismiss her case.
According to Ramon Korionoff, spokesman for the Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office, Hoggle will appear in person in the courtroom before Montgomery County District Court Judge Eugene Wolfe. An official with the District Court said the motions hearing will be heard in courtroom 412.
The Clarksburg mom was arrested September 12 and faces three misdemeanor charges- detaining a child, neglect of a minor and obstructing and hindering. She is being held on $1 million bond.
Hoggle’s attorney, David Felsen has filed a motion to dismiss the charges in the case based on allegations that the Montgomery County Police inappropriately questioned Hoggle while she has been at the Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center. She is undergoing a mental evaluation there, but Korionoff said that evaluation is not yet complete.
Troy Turner, father of missing Jacob, 2 and Sarah, 3 said he spoke with Hoggle as recently as Tuesday. Turner told MyMCMedia Wednesday, Hoggle called him and the two talked for about ten minutes. While she maintained her claim that the two toddlers are safe, she still refused to tell Turner where they are, he said.
“She told me she wanted to get out. I told her the only way you have a shot of getting out of there is to tell us where the children are,” Turner said he told Hoggle.
Hoggle allegedly told Turner that the kids are at a house that is “not far away.”
“I don’t believe anything she says,” Turner said of her comment.
Charges Could Be Dropped for Hoggle, Judge To Make Decision

Charges could possibly be dropped for Catherine Hoggle, the mother who was charged with the murder of her two children. Sarah and Jacob Hoggle were last seen with their mother Catherine, before they vanished in 2014. A competency status hearing was held on Tuesday. This comes after Hoggle’s Attorney David Felsen, filed a motion to […]
Judge Delays Decision on Dismissing Murder Charges Against Hoggle

The expectation was that the case of Catherine Hoggle — which received local, national and international attention six years ago – would come to a resolution on Tuesday. That did not happen. For the first time, Troy Turner had the opportunity to speak in court. He made it clear that he just wanted justice for […]
Catherine Hoggle Found Incompetent to Stand Trial Again

A competent status hearing was held on Tuesday to determine if there has been any changes in Catherine Hoggle’s mental condition. The judge found Hoggle incompetent to stand trial for the 2014 disappearance of her two children Sarah and Jacob Hoggle. Montgomery County State’s Attorney John McCarthy says the next status hearing for Hoggle will […]
State's Attorney Seeks Delay in Hoggle Competency Ruling

The Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office is asking a Circuit Court judge to hold off ruling on Catherine Hoggle’s competency for four more months, according to a motion filed this week. Hoggle, 32, faces murder charges in the deaths of her two children, Sarah and Jacob. She has been ruled incompetent since the children’s disappearance […]
Catherine Hoggle to be Evaluated by New Psychiatrist

Catherine Hoggle, the mother accused of killing two of her children nearly five years ago, has spent most of the time since then at Clifton Perkins Hospital Center in Jessup, a maximum-security psychiatric hospital. That could change in August. Based on the hospital’s psychiatric evaluations, judges have ruled Hoggle incompetent to stand trial. Montgomery County […]
Hoggle Again Ruled Incompetent; Prosecutors Seek Independent Evaluation

A Montgomery County judge ruled Tuesday that Catherine Hoggle, who has been accused of killing her two children, remained incompetent to stand trial. The decision was the latest in a series of rulings where Hoggle has been brought before a judge and found unable to assist in her defense based on reports of her doctor […]
Hoggle Update: Prosecutors Seek Independent Evaluation on Mental Competency

It’s been about four years since the disappearance of Sarah, and Jacob Hoggle. They were last seen with their mother, Catherine Hoggle-who has not given any information regarding her children’s whereabouts since their disappearance. Most recently, Catherine Hoggle had a status hearing to determine her current mental status, and if she is competent to stand […]
Hoggle Again Ruled Incompetent to Stand Trial

Catherine Hoggle was once again ruled incompetent to stand trial on Friday. The woman faces two murder charges in connection with the disappearances of her two children four years ago. The children — Sarah who was then 3 and Jacob who was then 2 — have never been found. They were reported missing, and Catherine […]
Hoggle Expected in Court Friday

Catherine Hoggle, who faces two murder charges for the disappearance of her two young children, is scheduled to be in court again Friday. Once again, the issue will be whether she is competent to stand trial. She will be appearing before Circuit Court Judge Robert Greenberg. The case had been before Judge Michael Mason; the […]
Father of Missing Children: 'There Will Never Be Closure'

It’s been four years since Sarah and Jacob Hoggle went missing. During a candlelight vigil Friday evening, the children’s father, Troy Turner, said every day is getting harder because there are no signs of their whereabouts. The children were last seen with their mother, Catherine Hoggle, in 2014. She was recently charged for first degree […]
Engage us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Tweets by @mymcmedia