Early Morning Apartment Building Electrical Fire Sounded Like Fireworks

Some neighbors in Rockville could have mistaken an early morning electrical fire for fireworks. That’s how loud it was according to officials. The fire occurred on Dawson Avenue near Forest Avenue around 3:45 a.m. on Sunday.

The electrical fire formed on the exterior of the apartment building, but it was under control within an hour. There were no injuries.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services spokesperson Pete Piringer says the power has since been restored, and that residents were allowed back in.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Jordan Lindsay

About Jordan Lindsay

Jordan Lindsay is a Reporter for My MC Media. Let her help tell your story by emailing jlindsay@mymcmedia.org


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter